Funding and Grants
Richmond Valley Council is keen to see organisations in the Richmond Valley successfully tender for, receive and acquit funding from external third parties.
There is no staff member in Council who is responsible to undertake this task, however staff run workshops (see the 'How To Get That Grant Workbook in the list of document below) for people interested in learning to apply for grants. This training includes information about ways to search for available grants. Council staff do however provide specific assistance for the Community Development Support (CDSE) and Community Builders Grants.
Council also assists those that have been trained in grant writing with more complex elements of funding submissions. Please note that it is not possible or appropriate for staff to write funding submissions for other organisations. Council can write support letters for funding applications.If you would like further information on funding and grants applications please contact:
Co-ordinator Community Projects and Social Planning
Richmond Valley Council
Phone (02) 6660 0225
Direct Council Assistance
To find out about Event Funding, visit the Tourism & Community Event Funding page.
To find out about grants that assist in improvements to heritage listed buildings, visit the Heritage Grants Scheme page.
The ClubGrants Scheme is supported by Richmond Valley Council. To make an application for your organisation, visit the website: http://clubgrants-richmond-valley-council1.smartygrants.com.au/Category1
Richmond Valley Council offers community groups very small grants through what is known as s356 applications (for Section 356 of the Local Government Act). In August/September each year Council will advertise and call for applications from individuals/groups/organisations for financial assistance from Council. The process will occur only once in each financial year and allocation of funds is at Council’s discretion. The funds allocated as part of this process will be 80% of the total allocation for the respective year. The remaining 20% will be kept aside for emergency applications to Council for s356 funding outside of the first round application period.
To apply for funding, download the following form and policy document and return the completed form to Council.