Customer Service Charter
Our service commitment
Richmond Valley Council will strive to understand and exceed the expectations of its customers, and ensure interactions with staff are efficient and effective.
RVC's Customer Service Centres at Casino and Evans Head are serviced by a dedicated team providing ‘one-stop shops’ for customer enquiries and requests. Our friendly Customer Service Officers are trained to be able to answer most of your enquiries and will refer to an appropriate technical officer where necessary.
Customers needing to discuss specific matters with professional staff are asked to call ahead to make an appointment. Any verbal assistance provided by Council staff is general advice only. Where a customer requires specialist advice they should put their request in writing and await Council’s formal response.
- We will ensure our Customer Service Centres are welcoming and functional and in keeping with the professional standards of Council delivery.
- We aim to answer 80% of enquiries promptly via our Customer Service Centres.
- Our call centre staff aim to answer 80% of calls within 30 seconds.
- We will return telephone messages on the same day or next working day wherever possible.
- We offer a 24-hour After Hours emergency service.
- We log all customer requests with a unique reference number to enable easy progress updates where requested.
- Customer requests can be submitted online via our website form.
- Our staff aim to action all customer requests within agreed service levels which vary according to the nature of the request.
- We will acknowledge correspondence within seven working days of receipt, and provide a full response within 21 business days.
- We will communicate with clear, simple and professional language.
- We provide access to online DA tracking and other ePlanning tools.
- We regularly update information on our website www.richmondvalley.nsw.gov.au
Quality customer service is a commitment of all Council staff and we welcome feedback from our customers to ensure we consistently meet your needs. Feedback can be submitted online via our website, by calling our customer service centres, or by writing to the General Manager at the address below. Complaints are dealt with according to our Complaints Handling Procedure outlined on our website.
Casino Service Centre - corner Walker Street & Graham Place
8.30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Tel: 6660 0300 (lines open from 8.15am)
Evans Head Service Centre - corner Woodburn Street & School Lane
9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, and Saturday 9am to noon
Tel: 6660 0365
Further contact information
After hours 6660 0300
Mail Locked Bag 10, Casino, NSW 2470
Fax 6660 1300