Make A Complaint
In Council's Complaints Management Policy, a complaint is defined as:
"...an expression of dissatisfaction, made in respect to a Council Officer's role and/or Council in the provision of service delivery or lack of service delivery that has allegedly affected an individual, group or body of stakeholders whether justified or not."
What is Not a Complaint
- A request for service is an action request. Examples are reporting of road potholes, water leaks, dust and noise, overgrown allotments and dog issues. Visit the Request Action page.
- A request for information or an explanation of a policy or procedure. Visit the Request Information page.
- Objections to a development application before Council determination. Visit the Make a Submission page.
- Objections/dissatisfaction in regard to regulatory notices that are challengeable/reviewable via Court or other processes. View Council's policy Enforcement of Unlawful Activity for objection options.
How to Make a Complaint
All complaints (including those reporting sewer overflows) are for the attention of the General Manager. To make a complaint, use the following options:
- Email: email@example.com
The General Manager
Richmond Valley Council
Locked Bag 10
Casino NSW 2470
- In person: at either of Council's Offices at Casino or Evans Head
- Phone: (02) 6660 0300
- Online: Use the form below.