EPA Licence Data
With the introduction of the Protection of the Environment Legislation Amendment Act 2011 (POELA Act) the Environmental Protection Authority (EPA) requires all holders of environment protection licences to make publicly available pollution monitoring data.
Under Council's care are sewerage treatment plants in Casino, Coraki, Evans Head and Riley's Hill which are tested regularly for pollutants. Council also has waste & resource recovery facilities in Evans Head and Nammoona (Casino), a quarry, a water treatment plant in Casino and the Northern Rivers Livestock Exchange. Testing is mandated by the EPA under requirements specific to each licence.
Richmond Valley Council EPA Licences
The licences for each facility are available for download
- Casino Sewerage Treatment Plant Licence (PDF 138KB)
- Casino Water Treatment Plant Licence (PDF 126KB)
- Coraki Sewerage Treatment Plant Licence (PDF 182KB)
- Evans Head Sewerage Treatment Plant Licence (PDF 189KB))
- Nammoona (Casino) Landfill Licence (PDF 144KB)
- Nammoona Monitoring Results ( PDF 40KB)
- Bora Ridge (Coraki) Landfill Licence (PDF 201KB)
- Broadwater (Closed) Landfill Licence (PDF 126KB)
Broadwater Monitoring Results ( PDF 27KB)
- Evans Head Transfer Station Licence (PDF 121KB)
Evans Head Monitoring Results( PDF 8KB)
- Northern Rivers Livestock Exchange Licence (PDF 10.4MB)
- NRLX Monitoring Data (PDF 43KB)
- Woodview Quarry Licence (PDF 112KB)
For further information about the requirement of licensee's to publish pollutant monitoring data, visit the EPA website.
Pollution Monitoring Results
When a result is recorded which is over the licensee's prescribed limit, an explanation of why the excess occurred is required to complement the data. The documents listed at the left under Sewerage Treatment Plants and Water Results are available for download and contain data since March 2012. Any notes on over-limits are identified in yellow highlighting.
|Total N||Total Nitrogen|
|Total P||Total Phosphorous|
|BOD||Bio Oxygen Demand|
|UV-254||A test for UV absorption|
|F Col.||Faecol Coliforms|
|Elec Cond.||Electrical Conductivity|