Quotations and Tenders
Richmond Valley Council has joined one of Australasia’s largest procurement communities, TenderLink, because we believe this system gives us better access to tenderers, ensuring Council is able to purchases goods and services in the most cost effective way possible.
Our Procurement officers will use this portal to advertise tenders, quotations, expressions of interest, and other purchasing requirements to the market and to manage the procurement process through to contract award stage. We welcome current and potential suppliers of goods and services to register on this portal. There is no charge for registration. To register, simply click on this link, then on the registration tab in the menu bar.
Alternatively, visit https://www.tenderlink.com/richmondvalley/
Once are registered with us, you will be automatically notified of tender opportunities and will have online access to all the details and status of tenders. You will be able to access this portal to view any associated documentation, participate in Q&A forums and, where required, submit electronic bid responses through our secure, e-tender box facility.
Looking forward to doing business with you in the future!
INVITATION TO RESPOND TO TENDER
Membership on Richmond Valley Council’s Panel of Contractors
Richmond Valley Council builds and maintains roads, sewer and water facilities, storm water drainage systems, parks and playgrounds, and community buildings such as libraries, community centres, depots and administration centres. To assist with this program of works, RVC is seeking tenders from suitably qualified, licensed and experienced contractors for inclusion on a Panel of Contractors for various trade categories up to $149,999 (GST incl). Occasionally, jobs of a specialised nature will be required. In such cases, RVC reserves the right to source suppliers outside of the pre-qualified contractors register. Where a project involves expenditure over $149,999 (GST incl), separate open tenders will be advertised. Contractors are advised that in general, jobs will be allocated to those on the panel who offer best practice in:
- Value for money
- Quality of work
- Reliability of service and associated administration
- WHS management policy and associated procedures
- Trade suitability
- Local development/value adding (including local and Aboriginal employment)
Successful appointment to the Panel of Contractors carries no guarantee in relation to the quantity, regularity and type of work assigned to the contractor.
Note: RVC reserves the right to use the panel in such a way that no one contractor is deemed the ‘preferred’ contractor.
Existing contracts with RVC will continue until expiry. However, such contractors should still apply for prequalification. Contractors are sought in the following categories:
Water and Sewer
- Boring (under road)
- CCTV pipe inspections
- Pipe cleaning (water jetting and air scouring)
- Sewer and water pump out, hydro vacuum excavation
- Building (renovations and minor works)
- Floor coverings (carpet and vinyl)
- Metal roofing (includes guttering and gutter cleaning)
Road Construction and Maintenance
- Concrete (cutting and coring)
- Concrete works
- Kerb and gutter (machine formed)
- Pavements (crack sealing)
- Road/civil construction
Landscaping and Recreation
- Bush regeneration
- Irrigation and watering systems (repairs/maintenance/installation)
- Landscaping and paving
- Mowing and ground maintenance (small sites)
- Playgrounds installation and maintenance (includes shade sails and soft fall)
- Land clearing
- Abrasive blasting
- Electronics, radio and communications
- Traffic control
- Tree felling/stump grinding
- Underground service locations
- Bridge, wharf and jetty maintenance and repair
- Welders and metal fabricators
Note: RVC uses TenderLink to call for tenders and quotations. Contractors are encouraged to register on TenderLink and RVC’s TenderLink Portal to avoid missing the opportunity to be included on the above panels for various works to be undertaken.
For further information, including Conditions of Contract, please contact RVC’s Coordinator Purchasing & Stores Colin Carey on 6660 0265.
This page also details open tenders, quotations and recently closed tenders. Our awarded contracts register is available on the left hand side of the page, sectioned into the relevant financial years.
Tender RVC-749195 Crushing of aggregates and flood blend at Woodview Quarry
General enquiries: Council's Purchasing Officer Colin Carey on 6660 0265
Technical enquiries: Council's Coordinator Roads, Drainage and Quarries Michael Pontefract on 6660 0245
Closing: 2pm Friday 20 January. Via Tenderlink only.
- T2016-35 - Disposal of Council Vehicles
- RVC336.16 - Transport and disposal of Construction and Demolition Waste and/or mixed Putrescible Waste
- RVC-735629 - Provision of Legal Services
- RVC320.16 Cleaning of Council Offices and Buildings
- RVC/KC322.16 Bitumen Surfacing
- RVC/KC323.16 Pavement Stabilisation
- RVC/KC324.16 Supply & Lay Asphalt
- RVC325.16 Nammoona Landfill Facility – Cell 5 Construction
- RVC319.15 Construction of concrete skate park extension
- RVC317.15 Casino Sewer Treatment Plant Inlet Works Upgrade and Coraki Sewer Treatment Plant Package Inlet Works
- RVC311.15 For the redevelopment of the Northern Rivers Livestock Exchange
- RVC313.15 Design and construct tennis courts at Stan Payne Oval Evans Head
- RVC314.15 For construction of clubrooms for Evans Head Tennis Club at Stan Payne Oval
- T2015-38 Disposal of Council Vehicles.
- Tender 307.15 Design & Construct an SES pre-fabricated garage and office building at Coraki.
- Tender 306.15 Supply, installation and maintenance of multi-function devices, copiers, printers and managed print services.
- Tender 304.15 For the leasing of Richmond Valley Council’s quarries.
- Tender 301.15 Environmental Monitoring & Reporting Services.
- Expression of Interest - Grazing Rights.
- Expression of Interest - Sale of Council land.
Visit the Awarded Contracts Register for the full list of tenders processed to successful tenderers.
The following documents available for download detail Council's policies in regards to procurement.